Saturday, June 16, 2012

Review: Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Dir. Adam Shankman
Country: USA
Aus Rating: M15+
Running Time: 123mins

Will you wanna put another dime in the box office, or ask for a refund? It’s inevitable that the latest all-singing-sorta-all-dancing extravaganza from Adam Shankman (Hairspray), Rock of Ages, based upon the 2006 Broadway musical of the same name, will get compared to Glee – what with them sharing an affinity for bright-eyed moppets singing songs in squeaky, polished voices – but this being a big screen event audiences should be hoping for something more. More is certainly what they get, whether that’s any good…

Read the rest at Trespass Magazine

1 comment:

Dan O. said...

I am not a huge fan of 80's music, but I can easily say that this flick had me tapping my toes and singing along to just about every jam. The story itself was weak, but whenever they focused on the music and Tom Cruise, the film won me over. Nice review Glenn.